Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Self-Assessment Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words

Self-Assessment - Essay Example The value of quality communication skills is immeasurable especially when it comes to creating personal development and creating relationships. I tend to think of myself as outgoing and love initiating warm up conversations with people (Robbins, 2008). In an attempt to determine my strengths and weaknesses in terms of communication, I took a test on face-to-face communication style. The results, which prove what my peers think of me, indicate that I have a stronghold in the areas of being friendly, attentive to matters and contentious (Robbins, 2008). In addition, I appeared not only secretive about my own issues but to also leave an impression on people. My weak point according to the test on the face-to-face communication style include not being effective in delivering message to a group, being a loud communicator and finding it difficult to control myself in a heated debate. Several factors contributed to the perception by my peers that I am friendly. The first attribute was that I ordinarily introduce myself and give a handshake coupled with a smile, every time I meet a new person (Robbins, 2008). My peers were of the view that I tend to show effort in remembering the names of individuals. Most of my friends stated that I tend to associate the names of individuals close to me with a unique feature. To add to that is the perception that I often use courtesy words for instance Thank you and your welcome. According to Robbins (2008), with regard to the issue of paying attention to detail, majority of my peer argued that I occasionally make a lot of eye contact and nod my head to show understanding on an issue. My body language says it all as depending on the environment, I usually lean forward on the side of the speaker thereby indicating focus on the message. The perception of my contentiousness arises from the judgment that I argue my points from facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment